[UW Photo A123] Turtle at Ningaloo reef


 (Location: Gulliver, Ningaloo Reef, Exmouth, WA, Australia)

Though I have seen many Turtles in their natural habitat, couldn’t make it a point to take photos. They are very fast underwater and usually don’t give much room for a photographer unless he/she is well prepared to shoot a fast-moving subject.

While I was diving the famous Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia, I got this great opportunity of shooting a descent size turtle. Fortunately, it was resting on a narrow boulder. My camera was equipped with a fish-eye lens which may not be the best but I managed to click few shots without disturbing the creature. Luckily, I had already set high dept-of-field since I was looking for opportunity for a close-focused wide angle shot. Ocean surge and visibility wasn’t in my favor, but they were manageable. 

One should not understand Ningaloo reef as a very blue tropical looking reef in Sri Lanka or south east Asian region. Water in the reef was cold and its more greenish. So, given these conditions I am pretty happy with this outcome.

~ 0 comments: ~

All images appearing in this web site are the exclusive property of author. . Theme images by Galeries. Powered by Blogger.